Friday, June 26, 2009

More AT&T Follies

OK, so AT&T Yellowpages decided to let my client out of his contract. And they did so when I started detailing where his hits were coming from. the guy puts in lawn sprinkler systems and apparently, in January (when nobody is thinking about their lawns in Connecticut) AT&T was claiming lots of hits on his site. So I started looking up the IP numbers. Lots of hits (in January) from Israel. Well, they do irrigation there and I can see someone searching for irrigation to do research. When I mentioned this to the gal from AT&T, she immediately wants to let him out of his contract. She has heard enough.

In the meantime, my Podiatry client has no website! AT&T YellowPages is holding on to his domain name, apparently to punish him and this is what you now get:
That's right you get this "call us and we'll let you continue to exist, when what they ought to have done was push the website to my web host. And they know that, I have had numerous conversations with them.

So today, I get this call from AT&T YellowPages and they're looking for my wife's business. They want to verify her address and everything. I did that, because I would like for her business to be in the printed book and on their on-line website but I would love for them to provide a link to her website.

Right away comes the sales pitch. A 5-page website for a low cost. Yeah, just like my Podiatry client. I tell them that she currently has a 29-page website. So what do they do? They hang up on me! Seems they are wholly uninterested in linking to anything other than their own overpriced sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment