Monday, June 15, 2009

Don't sign up with AT&T-Yellow Pages for Internet!

So I have been making web pages and things are going OK, for a startup. But I do note one thing: AT&T, when they get a website, hardly ever let go. I have a medical doctor who is outstanding in his field who has a website with AT&T and they're charging him a lot of money for it.

It's template-driven and limited to 5 pages!

The website I created for the Doctor has 42 pages. I charge less for the design than AT&T charges for a whole year and my web hosting fees are $10 monthly for a non-selling website! I don't know how AT&T justifies their prices.

But they won't let his URL go. They are pulling a passive-aggressive routine with him.

I do realize AT&T Yellow Pages is seeing a downturn due to the economy and I do have an appropriate amount of empathy for a company that is facing economic woes. But they're being very heavy handed here.

If you want to compare the two services, go to Dr. Fosdick's AT&T website and then go to the one I created.

No comments:

Post a Comment